Sunday, September 18, 2011

TinyMCE for specific textareas

As per example code of the tinyMCE, its convert all Textareas on the HTML pages into
WYSIWUG editor, which is really stupid stuff by them though.

I have searched a lot about allowing tinyMCE for particular Textareas on the page and its really a common discussion topic on the forum but I haven't got any satisfactory answer. I dont know why all answers are only for Dupal implementation grrrrrrrrr.

Then I looked into tiny_mce.js and I found something like "spefic_textarea" and I searched into tinyMCE manual for this keyword (http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/Special:Search?ns100=1&ns106=1&ns108=1&search=specific_textareas&searchx=Search) and found some help.

Heres is code which will solve your problem.

tinyMCE.init({
// General options
mode : "exact",
elements : "textarea_id1,textarea_id2", // just pass the ID's of your textarea for which you
// want to add the editor

// Your code related other settings, keep it same

No comments:

Post a Comment